Sunday, February 21, 2010

Bontang Kuala, East Kalimantan, Indonesia (21 Febr 2010)


To improve my 'out of town' driving skill, today I drove to Bontang Kuala with my brother and cousins. Bontang Kuala is an area in Bontang town, about an hour driving from Sangata where I live.

Bontang Kuala is a water village and has been inhabited by fishermen family for a long time, long before Bontang is established as a town. We can tell from some houses in the area:
The housing is built on water on the side of wooden walkway which connecting the land to the end of the neighborhood. The area is completed with a big mosque and also domestic stores selling basic groceries.

Besides being a place to live for the fishermen, Bontang Kuala has becoming a tourism area for people who live in Bontang and its surrounding area like Sangata. Mostly, people come to eat in the restaurants which can be found at the end of the Kuala. The restaurants becoming very popular because it offers not only delicious seafood, but also beautiful sea and mangroves scenery.

Well, my original mission was actually to have a good lunch. We went to Anjungan Indah Restaurant which is located at the end of the Kuala. I ordered Sweet and sour calamari with my rice and Sauteed spinach. My brother and cousins ordered Grill calamari, Grill fish, Grill lobster, Fried Prawn and of course nice hot chili sauce.
Hhmmm, the food was so yummy!

On the way back to the parking lot, I stopped at the mosque in Kuala to do my noon pray. Before we left the area, I bought some seaweed jelly for my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment