Saturday, May 15, 2010

Phuket Thailand: The Islands and the 'Girls' (4-6 May 2010)

After an hour flight from Bangkok, my sister Helga and I arrived Phuket in the afternoon of 4 May 2010. We stayed at 'Baipho & Baithong' hotel in Patong beach. It is a small hotel with good price. Even better because beside breakfast, it also provided us airport pick up for free!

After resting a while, we walk around and had seafood for dinner at an open air restaurant called 'Coconut Tree.' I was happy because I had rice :) Then we strolled to the crowd area to get a feel of night life in Patong.In one street (I don't know the name...), there were some 'girls' (Transsexual) dressing up like show girls. We can take picture with these 'girls' by paying THB100 each. Since this is a very rare thing for us (And I am sure for some of you!), my sister spent THB200 to have pictures with two of them.

One of the 'girls' asked my sister to pose by holding her (or his ?) boob. So my sister did, she hold the 'girl's boob. After all these trouble, it turned out that the camera did not work. We hesiated to take the money back. "Shoot, there is no pictures? So I spent THB200 just to touch a transvestite's boob?" my sister grumbled :)

The next day we went on Island Tour. We paid THB1300 per person and got on a 15 passenger speed boat visiting popular islands in Phuket area. The trip start at nine in the morning until five in the afternoon.

First we visited Maya Bay. This is the spot where the movie 'The Beach' were taken. Remember? Leonardo Dicaprio staring this movie!There are small islands scattered in the area,and some good snorkling spots.At lunch time, the boat berthed at Phi Phi Island (Sorry, no pictures).

The last island we visited was Khai Island. In this island, the fish are very friendly, they came all over us when we feed them.I even fed the fish under the water. It was amazing to see these little fish coming toward me and eat from my hands.

The island was packed with tourists.On the way back to the hotel, I thought I would pass out because very tired. Well, I was wrong, we just cleaned up and rest less than an hour then we hit the street again.

We had dinner at an Indian Restaurant. It was expensive! I could not believe paying THB300 or 10 dolarrs for a small bowl of chicken curry. So small that I had to order two bowls!

Well, we did not want to spoil the night over chicken curry. We went back to the street where we took the fail pictures with the 'girls.' Fortunately, one of them remember us, and let Helga got pictures with them for free! Wow, very nice of them.Even I took one.Then we went to Hard Rock Cafe for desert. It was Helga's birthday. I wanted to give her a surprise. As there was a life music that night, I asked the waitress if I could request a song for my sister, but she said we could not. Mission unaccomplished :(

On the last day in Phuket, we went for a Thai Spa. Thirty minutes of herbal sauna and two hours Thai massage. The massage was great, no oil, no grease.

We found a shady spot in a restaurant by the beach for lunch. From the seat, we could see activity on the beach.Also a vehicle promoting Muay Thai (Thail Boxing) complete with the boxers on it.At night, we went to 'Simon Cabaret Show, a cabaret performed mostly by transsexual. But they are so beautiful, they may confuse us with real women.

It was a funny and entertaining show. Following the show, the performer stood outside the building for pictures.After late dinner, we went back to the hotel and prepared ourselves for the next day early flight back to Indonesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment